Lost In Teenagehood

Discuss the fabulous movie Lost In Translation!

Moderator: Bob

A moment of silence
Suntory Time

Lost In Teenagehood

#1 Post by A moment of silence » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:31 pm

:D
I am so proud of myself. I just saw LIT and didn't have the weird sadness and sorrow feeling during the "just like honey" song. (ending)Instead I smiled and felt happy. WOW.
finally!! I feel like i've grown. I owe you a lot, to all of you, I needed to get my feelings out through the Forum and also to get new info and perspectives coming from other very smart LIT lovers.
Well, I can't wait for the Chat and our supposed-to-happen meeting somewhere(if it wasn't a lie) so that we can see the movie and have drinks or something, it was mentioned somewhere else. :P

Keep rockin'

p.s It was mentioned that Bob took charlotte's hand ("So Into You" scene in Bar) in his, this was basically a "nice to have met you" kind of shake of the hands. Also, it was mentioned somewhere that in the elevator scene Bob nodded inviting charlotte to his room, that is true.
Nothing is more beautiful than something that will not last

52FM
Inactive/Deleted user

#2 Post by 52FM » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:54 pm

Another member on our board (SW25 - where are you?) commented on how the uncertain feelings of a teenager are very similar to the feelings prtrayed in LiT. Having 3 children (two now out of the teen years and one with one year to go) and I can see where that is true.

I've been lucky in that my kids actually confide some of these feelings to me - rather than dismissing me as "the old man who wouldn't understand".
"Willoughby. Next stop is Willoughby."

A moment of silence
Suntory Time

#3 Post by A moment of silence » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:36 pm

Well, I believe at times I do feel like Charlotte did. I mean, I am not sure what I want to do or if I am going through the oportunities I should or what.
Something I didn't mention before, now I don't feel sad, just something else. Sort of respect towards the movie's message but also a bit of shock because I can't believe how life brings surprises so short and sweet (very Japanese) Did anyone else notice how this quote at the beginning can be applied to Charlotte and Bob's relationship when the end comes? cool, huh? :P
Nothing is more beautiful than something that will not last

52FM
Inactive/Deleted user

#4 Post by 52FM » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:21 pm

"I am not sure what I want to do or if I am going through the oportunities I should or what."

I beleive you said you were a freshman in college. What you just described is the universal feeling all freshman have (or should have.)

If you have your whole life figured out at 18, then you have to ask yourself if someone else did the figuring for you.
"Willoughby. Next stop is Willoughby."