Scarlett on Letterman, 11:30PM, Tuesday 1/10/06

Post appearances in the media including print, online, tv, radio, etc. for cast and crew.

Moderator: Bob

Congruous
Suntory Time

Scarlett on Letterman, 11:30PM, Tuesday 1/10/06

#1 Post by Congruous » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:06 am

I hate to admit it, but I have NEVER watched Letterman. I'll try to catch it tomorrow night. I'm sure she'll be plugging "Match Point."

Is this her week for SNL?

Yeah, I just went over to the SNL site, and she is hosting this Saturday's show. Air time is 11:30PM eastern, 1/14/06. Death Cab for Cutie is the musical guest.
"Are there no more arrows left?"

Congruous
Suntory Time

#2 Post by Congruous » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:05 pm

The Letterman bit was okay. Scarlett looked great. She acted a little ditzy, but that might have been nerves. She is obviously a Letterman fan. Letterman asked her a specific question about "LIT," so maybe he's a fan of the movie. They didn't get into "Match Point" too much. The short clip they showed was just a scene where she and Jonathan Rhys-Meyers smooched in the rain.

52FM
Inactive/Deleted user

#3 Post by 52FM » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:32 pm

I saw the last part - after coming out of commercial when he showed a picture of her on the show from The Horse Whisperer. She seemed nervous. Almost forced her responses - like she was supposed to be embarrased about how she looked in that picture (I guess it was 1998 or so). She also made some reference to getting along with Woody Allen very well and then said "he gave me his muffins". That was the strangest exchange - the audience made no reaction to it (why would they?) and then she forced a reaction as though she unintentionally said something riske - which only made it seem like she intentionally said something that was supposed to be unintentionally riske. It was embarrassing. I get pretty tired of watching young actresses trying to portray some type of image rather than just being themselves. I've seen Kirsten Dunst on Letterman a few times and she always impressed me as being herself (not that "herself" is all that intersting) but at least she wasnt' trying to portray some image that her mother or publicist or whoever thought would get her parts or magazine covers.

As you might be able to tell, I've soured on Scarlett - she seems two steps away from going the trashy slut route like so many other teen-young singers and actresses.

At least she lost the raccoon eyes and didn't dress slutty.

A moment of silence
Suntory Time

#4 Post by A moment of silence » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:02 pm

She was in Letterman, then Regis and Kelly today, then will appear on SNL on saturday January 14th. The best of luck to Scarlett :D
Nothing is more beautiful than something that will not last

A moment of silence
Suntory Time

#5 Post by A moment of silence » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:03 pm

She was in Letterman, then Regis and Kelly today, then will appear on SNL on saturday January 14th. The best of luck to Scarlett :D

A moment of silence
Suntory Time

miss busy body

#6 Post by A moment of silence » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:27 pm

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#7 Post by Just Like Honey... » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:28 pm

52FM wrote:As you might be able to tell, I've soured on Scarlett - she seems two steps away from going the trashy slut route like so many other teen-young singers and actresses.
Agreed, but there are far more young singers and actresses than are only one step or less away from going to the trashy slut route, and we can be glad our Scarlett isn't quite part of that demographic.

Congruous wrote:I hate to admit it, but I have NEVER watched Letterman.
TRUANT!!!

Off with his head
I'd rather be a gear in a big, deterministic, physical machine than just some random swerving.

52FM
Inactive/Deleted user

#8 Post by 52FM » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:39 pm

Just like honey -
I agree she isn't there and likely won't. She stayed away from the trashsy roles in the movies, but she still seems to bask in the "object of men's desire" attitude. I don't think she'll ever be considered a great actress unless she takes on a "Monster" type role where she steps away from that personna and just acts.

By the way, I didn't see the opening of the segment, but I read that Paul and the band played "Love in an Elevator" when she walked out! No reaction from her and no comment from Dave. You see, it's that stuff (whether it's true or not) and her talking about her "girls" and her doubts about monogamy... it seems she is trying to be a subliminal, classier Britney Spears.

jm
Inactive/Deleted user

#9 Post by jm » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:03 am

"[quote:32c070e021="Congruous"]I hate to admit it, but I have NEVER watched Letterman.[/quote:32c070e021]

The Late Bloomer: How David Letterman became a sap"
Last edited by jm on Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Congruous
Suntory Time

#10 Post by Congruous » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:59 pm

What makes it even weirder is that I'm old enough to remember him sitting in for Johnny Carson. I've always liked him and thought he was funny, I just don't watch much late night TV.