Its official

Post appearances in the media including print, online, tv, radio, etc. for cast and crew.

Moderator: Bob

Flyonthewall
WooHoo Guy

Its official

#1 Post by Flyonthewall » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:43 pm

"...Stay here, with me...."

The Search for Charlotte continues....

The Shoegazer
Japanese Surfer

#2 Post by The Shoegazer » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:02 pm

Just saw it too, she grew up so fast.
Here we are, Stuck by this river

jm
Inactive/Deleted user

#3 Post by jm » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:16 pm

Wuz FHM magazine? :shock:
Last edited by jm on Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flyonthewall
WooHoo Guy

#4 Post by Flyonthewall » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:26 am

johnmonkey wrote:Wuz FHM magazine? :shock:
For Him Magazine.

Its a magazine like "Maxim" or "Stuff". Lots of articles for the male 18 to 35 demographic. :D Needless to say.. lots of eye candy in there too..
"...Stay here, with me...."

The Search for Charlotte continues....

Suntory
For Relaxing Times Make It Suntory Time!

#5 Post by Suntory » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:22 pm

That's cool but I blame it all on the nude Vanity Fair cover! :roll: :shock: :twisted:

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#6 Post by Just Like Honey... » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:25 pm

I see young stars with impeccable talent being depicted like this and I am instantly reminded of Pink Floyd's video for Another Brick In The Wall, where the children are systematically fed by conveyor into a grinder where they will be reduced to a consistent, unoriginal, and deindividualized paste, in order to comply with the expectations of those who judge them.

By the way, I don't read FHM.
I'd rather be a gear in a big, deterministic, physical machine than just some random swerving.

52FM
Inactive/Deleted user

#7 Post by 52FM » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:22 am

Just Like Honey...

GREAT analogy! I agree in theory and have commented on this before. I understand why this happens to a point - and yet having a teenaged daughter I am sensitive to the fact that female artists (singers and actresses) almost seem compelled to display a sexual image along with their artistic ability.

I even said I dread the day when we see Dakota Fanning on the cover with some type of provocitive pose. Many there will be a backlash by then.
"Willoughby. Next stop is Willoughby."

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#8 Post by Just Like Honey... » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:38 pm

52FM wrote:Just Like Honey...

GREAT analogy! I agree in theory and have commented on this before. I understand why this happens to a point - and yet having a teenaged daughter I am sensitive to the fact that female artists (singers and actresses) almost seem compelled to display a sexual image along with their artistic ability.
Thanks, 52.

I believe it happens because once young stars, who are often idolized by younger girls/guys and their peers, are exploited and marketed to their full potential, there is no way left to broaden their horizon (financially or otherwise) other than becoming risqué. Over the years, it's become just like a wax mould that any rising star who wants to make it 'big' must fit into.
52FM wrote: I even said I dread the day when we see Dakota Fanning on the cover with some type of provocitive pose. Many there will be a backlash by then.
Jinx!
I'd rather be a gear in a big, deterministic, physical machine than just some random swerving.