"Tokyo Ga" By Wim Wenders

Discuss what movies Bill, Scarlett, and Sofia, the producers or musicians are working on or in now as well as film influences for LIT etc.

Moderator: Bob

Dupont Odeon
Sleepless in Tokyo

"Tokyo Ga" By Wim Wenders

#1 Post by Dupont Odeon » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:06 am

I saw a really interesting documentary by Wim Wenders ("Until the End of the World"). Wenders travels to Tokyo to do a film on his favorite film maker, Japanese director Yasujiro Uzo, but the movie soon shifts into being about Tokyo itself. It was made in 1983, and it imparts some of the same feelings about that city that Sofia did in LIT. Its a little slow, but if you're a Tokyo fan, its worth a watch.

Cryogenic
Mr. Kazu

#2 Post by Cryogenic » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:16 pm

Wim Wenders! I will have to give this a watch! Good on you for mentioning "Until The End Of The World", by the way: after our beloved "Lost In Translation", I'd have to say that the soundtrack to that film is one of the best of the past twenty years. It has a superb selection of mood tunes by top contemporary artists -- Julee Cruise, Lou Reed, R.E.M., Elvis Costello, Nick Cave, Depeche Mode et al. -- and should be in every LIT fan's collection!

TokyoGirl
Lounge Singer

#3 Post by TokyoGirl » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:12 pm

Thanks for the recommendation of Tokyo-ga, I've put it on my rental list... sounds very interesting :)
She's got the moves to rule the world...