LIT board on IMDB

Are you awake?! Can't sleep?! Remember, for relaxing times, make it Suntory time at the New York Bar with stunning Tokyo views!

Moderator: Bob

jml2
WooHoo Guy

LIT board on IMDB

#1 Post by jml2 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:15 pm

the board on IMDB makes me so furious. There are so many trolls.

findingcharlotte
Charlie Brown

Re: LIT board on IMDB

#2 Post by findingcharlotte » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:07 am

morons for sure..Mad because they cant understand. I almost feel sorry for them.

jml2 wrote:the board on IMDB makes me so furious. There are so many trolls.
Call me if you get lost...

" before we go, Im not as brave as I told you.."

jml98
Asleep

#3 Post by jml98 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:10 am

Probably not mature/smart enough to appreciate the beauty that is LiT. They probably like mindless shoot em ups and all those cliched Hollywoodized movies

findingcharlotte
Charlie Brown

#4 Post by findingcharlotte » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:12 am

thats usually the case....sad huh ?

jml98 wrote:Probably not mature/smart enough to appreciate the beauty that is LiT. They probably like mindless shoot em ups and all those cliched Hollywoodized movies

jml98
Asleep

#5 Post by jml98 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:19 am

i think what's sadder is how few and far between great movies, truly great movies, like LiT come out, and when they do, people still don't even appreciate them. Makes me appreciate the movie more and more every time i read a post by those morons in IMDB (there not all morons tho...) Also, i don't think someone is a moron just because they don't like the movie...but its just that soo many people say "it's boring. nothing ever happens" and that's just not true. Just because theres no explosions, graphic sex scenes, or excessive cursing doesn't mean nothing happens.

findingcharlotte
Charlie Brown

#6 Post by findingcharlotte » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:23 am

It wasnt a sweeping statement..of course I dont think they are all morons..but the ones that rant on and on ..You just read hate and irrationality in the posts..Thats why I stopped reading imdb user posts..I d rather go where the feelings are understood rather than attacked.

jml98 wrote:i think what's sadder is how few and far between great movies, truly great movies, like LiT come out, and when they do, people still don't even appreciate them. Makes me appreciate the movie more and more every time i read a post by those morons in IMDB (there not all morons tho...) Also, i don't think someone is a moron just because they don't like the movie...but its just that soo many people say "it's boring. nothing ever happens" and that's just not true. Just because theres no explosions, graphic sex scenes, or excessive cursing doesn't mean nothing happens.

jml98
Asleep

#7 Post by jml98 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:28 am

yeah IMDB is almost too big. It's come to the point where some of the previous topics are repeated. I mean there must be at least 5 or 6 posts about the last whisper in the movie. Theres tons of soudntrack questions and anti-LiT posts as well. It's boring. FAN sites are so much better...people can say things without being attacked and usually its not too big so posts are not repeated like they are at IMDB. IMDB offers some good stuff too though...

sooner77
Stocking Lipper

#8 Post by sooner77 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:15 pm

It's a testimony to the power of LIT to generate such strong feelings in people that have recently seen it for the first time that they have to go talk about it somewhere, whether to praise it or slam it.

jml98
Asleep

#9 Post by jml98 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:36 pm

yeah...but i wish those that slam it have something better to say than "it was soo boring" and "nothing happens". That they don't get it is their loss. They can't begin to understand what they're missing.

jml98
Asleep

#10 Post by jml98 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:40 am

to be fair though, there are some interesting threads on the IMDB board (even if some are repeated over and over...) For example, i think the first place i saw the "alternative setting and actors" thread was at the IMDB board. I think it is a very interesting topic, and those users have some good alternatives....

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#11 Post by Just Like Honey... » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:02 pm

It's too bad the few interesting pro-LiT people at IMDB don't come here.. it would almost be dangerous to post a link on IMDB... we don't want this place overflowing with anti-LiTers. Oh well hopefully fate will guide them here.. :wink:
I'd rather be a gear in a big, deterministic, physical machine than just some random swerving.

jml98
Asleep

#12 Post by jml98 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:01 pm

actually there was one anti-LiT that posted in the "Site Review" thread...another completely pointless "if you like this movie you're an idiot" type of post...hopefully theres no more of them....

52FM
Inactive/Deleted user

#13 Post by 52FM » Mon May 23, 2005 10:34 am

I jumped over from IMDB and very glad I did.

Suntory
For Relaxing Times Make It Suntory Time!

#14 Post by Suntory » Wed May 25, 2005 12:34 pm

Just Like Honey... wrote:It's too bad the few interesting pro-LiT people at IMDB don't come here.. it would almost be dangerous to post a link on IMDB... we don't want this place overflowing with anti-LiTers. Oh well hopefully fate will guide them here.. :wink:
Actually I have posted this site numberous times on the IMDB board especially when it was first started to help spread the word.
I thought a few people over there who liked the movie found this place thru that.
I don't think the haters will come here because misery loves company and there is no misery here! :)

52FM
Inactive/Deleted user

#15 Post by 52FM » Wed May 25, 2005 5:21 pm

Just a warning - there are a couple of people over there that are not only highly critical of the movie itself but also of the people who like it. That's an overgeneralization - but there is a very blunt and negative reaction to younger people who like the movie; and I see there are many people on this board who fall in that age group.

I don't mind it because I realize my interest in the movie relates directly to personal reasons - not thinking of the film critically. (Plus I don't fall in that age group).

But this person gets very engaged in discussions and enjoys challenging opinions; which is not wrong if done in a separate thread but it tended to in effect hijack threads, switch the topic and discourage people from posting.