Are you awake?! Can't sleep?! Remember, for relaxing times, make it Suntory time at the New York Bar with stunning Tokyo views!

Moderator: Bob

jml98
Asleep

#1 Post by jml98 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:12 am

hey all,

I changed my avatar to a moving gif i made myself, using adobe imageready. I uploaded it to a site, then sent a direct link to the avatar image link in the profile like ur supposed to. However, my images have like white spots on them (as you can see...)! It doesn't look like this in imageready, so what's the deal? Why does it have white spots online even though it doesn't in imageready? Can someone help me? Thanks

ps actually, after looking at the spots, they seem to be appearing at places where its pure white. the text i made was pure white and it has the spots, also the pillow in the second image is white, the background in the kyoto gif is white...if it is, any ideas about how to fix it?

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#2 Post by Just Like Honey... » Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:24 am

It's probably because of the compression system used to create GIF files. I'm not familiar with Imageready, but what I would suggest is to try uploading each one individually, and making sure there are no white spots.

Then, use another program that will allow you to assemble the GIF's into a single animated GIF. Then, try uploading them again.
If you still want to use Imageready, make sure the compression is set to optimize image quality, not file size.
I'd rather be a gear in a big, deterministic, physical machine than just some random swerving.

jml2
WooHoo Guy

#3 Post by jml2 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:35 am

nice avatar if you get it working

jml98
Asleep

#4 Post by jml98 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:40 pm

hmm...justlikehoney, good tip! when i uploaded just a single gif image, it didn't have the white spots...

thanks, jml2 i hope it works (i wish the avatar image restrictions were a little looser too...)

jml98
Asleep

#5 Post by jml98 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:43 pm

i can't get it..i give up! i wish it worked... :cry:

jml98
Asleep

#6 Post by jml98 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:45 pm

how do you put an image in your signature?

Nijal
Traveler

#7 Post by Nijal » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:24 am

You need to use ( I believe) the tags. For example:

"[img]your%20image[/img]"

1) don't use the " " (I used them only to show the tag )
2) the image must be somewhere on the internet, not stored on your local hard disk.

Hope it helps. :)

**edit**
LOL just noted that you already have an image in your sig... :lol:

Autumn Child
Philosopher

#8 Post by Autumn Child » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:00 am

hmm ive done that and it doesnt seem to work, although the same sig works on my, and other, phpBB forums...

and i keep putting the link to my avatar (which works on my forum, so it cant be the link thats the problem...) but when i click submit, it loads up the profile page again, but there's no error message or anything and the avatar hasnt changed.

any ideas :?: :idea:

find me at www.talkrpg.tk

Autumn Child
Philosopher

#9 Post by Autumn Child » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:04 am

It seemed to be a problem with bitmap images (they wouldnt work on another phpBB forum(, so ive changed them to png and they seem fine :D

find me at www.talkrpg.tk