The Aussie Pink Floyd Show

Are you awake?! Can't sleep?! Remember, for relaxing times, make it Suntory time at the New York Bar with stunning Tokyo views!

Moderator: Bob

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

The Aussie Pink Floyd Show

#1 Post by Just Like Honey... » Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:44 am

I got the chance to see these guys in Moncton, NB last week (the 16th) for their final show of 2005. They've been touring for more than 10 years and are pegged as "the" Pink Floyd cover band, having performed for Roger Waters and David Gilmour themselves.

This was the last show of one of their many Dark Side of the Moon tribute tours, and featured the full album performed in order, as well as many classic favourites like "Shine on You Crazy Diamond", "Careful With that Axe, Eugene", "Wish You Were Here", "Learning to Fly"(I guess that wouldn't exactly be a classic, per se), and others.

The concert also featured authentic Pink Floyd-style lasers, and a circular screen which displayed the very same videos as the original band themselves (with the addition of a few cameos by the Aussie Pink Floyd Show mascot, a pink kangaroo). Oh, and don't forget the giant inflatable pig for the performance of "Animals" (Yes, the whole album).

I was wondering if any of you guys have seen this before?

P.S. Yes, I am writing this at 11:45 on Christmas morning but we're waiting for my father to get here so I might as well pass the time somehow. :)
I'd rather be a gear in a big, deterministic, physical machine than just some random swerving.

A moment of silence
Suntory Time

#2 Post by A moment of silence » Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:13 pm

I have never heard of them before...so the real Pink Floyd were not there? How was it? Do you have pics? Were you drunk or high? Was it cheap? Tell us about it, Honey
Nothing is more beautiful than something that will not last

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#3 Post by Just Like Honey... » Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:27 pm

The real Floyd broke up years ago.. so sadly they were not present. I didn't manage to get a camera in but you can see plenty at www.aussiefloyd.com. Tickets cost me an arm and a leg at 48.50, but everyone that went said it was worth every penny. Now as for the inebriation, I was not about to drink because that is not staying true to the Pink Floyd vibe at all. There were some people dropping acid and smoking pot, and although I have no problem with sparking up the occaisional doobie, you will not find me doing hard drugs. Ever.
I'd rather be a gear in a big, deterministic, physical machine than just some random swerving.

findingcharlotte
Charlie Brown

#4 Post by findingcharlotte » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:38 am

Looks awesome. I was lucky enough to see last 2 tours of Floyd...wicked show.
Call me if you get lost...

" before we go, Im not as brave as I told you.."

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#5 Post by Just Like Honey... » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:39 pm

findingcharlotte wrote:Looks awesome. I was lucky enough to see last 2 tours of Floyd...wicked show.
That's pretty amazing.. unfortunately it was also before my time...
Are you also a fan of their later stuff? There aren't enough people out there who realize how great The Final Cut really is...

findingcharlotte
Charlie Brown

#6 Post by findingcharlotte » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:02 pm

all Floyd...........!!

8)
Call me if you get lost...

" before we go, Im not as brave as I told you.."