(deleted)

Are you awake?! Can't sleep?! Remember, for relaxing times, make it Suntory time at the New York Bar with stunning Tokyo views!

Moderator: Bob

jm
Inactive/Deleted user

Thanks for all the fish!

#1 Post by jm » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:11 pm

"Dear comrades,

I looked at the memberlist and sorted it by total posts, wondering if I was in the top ten. I am surprised to find that I'm in the top [u:a035a07b87]one[/u:a035a07b87], with more than sixty than the next-highest.

Sometimes someone will mention that there aren't a lot of posts here, and I reply that we've already said all there is to say about the movie. Maybe the truth is that [u:a035a07b87]I[/u:a035a07b87]'ve said all [u:a035a07b87]I[/u:a035a07b87] have to say.

I don't feel that I contribute much to it or get much from it, so I now withdraw from the forum. I am glad that new members continue to join and continue the discussion.

I hope you will forgive a completely egotistic post, but I thought I should say goodbye, since I am at the top, temporarily, and have been here for so long. 8)

So long,
Johnmonkey"
Last edited by jm on Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

#2 Post by Guest » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:59 am

Sorry to see you go but I know how these things are over time on the internet.
You've been a great contributor and helped make the forum a great place to discuss LIT and other stuff.
If you ever feel like stopping by and saying Hi please feel free. :D

wiggle
Lounge Singer

#3 Post by wiggle » Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:32 am

Sorry to hear you're leaving. I'll still contribute when I can as they'll always be more Scarlett Johansson/Sofia Coppola films released.
Where the hell's the whiskey?

samwright8380
Japanese Surfer

#4 Post by samwright8380 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:04 am

although i don´t post regularly, i do come on here quite often to read the posts that you guys put out. while i think that yes, there is a finite amount of analysis you can do on a two hour movie that dosen´t have spin offs or marketing (star trek etc), it is nice to hear the responses of such a group of people. One thing though, there is a full script online with quite a few key differences, I´m surprised there hasn´t been more discussion about that.....

Flyonthewall
WooHoo Guy

#5 Post by Flyonthewall » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:42 pm

Love the Douglas Adams reference (I've read all 4 books in the trilogy btw :lol: )

As the n00b here, Im sorry that I would not be privy to your insights any longer. But everything does have an ebb and flow. I wish you well and here's to seeing you post again one day.
"...Stay here, with me...."

The Search for Charlotte continues....

Just Like Honey...
Suntory Time

#6 Post by Just Like Honey... » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:11 pm

Well, I've been posting at WaW for about a year and a half, and like most of us, I've gotten to know my fellow posters quite well, and I must say Johnmoney, you're a very smart and witty guy and I wish you all the best.
I'd rather be a gear in a big, deterministic, physical machine than just some random swerving.