Having an LIT moment

Are you awake?! Can't sleep?! Remember, for relaxing times, make it Suntory time at the New York Bar with stunning Tokyo views!

Moderator: Bob

silvermoon
Suntory Time

#21 Post by silvermoon » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:13 am

i've been waiting all yr for this day. i got my exam results today, and i got what i wanted. so i'm off to university to start a new life. how ironic that of all days in the yr my 'charlotte' chooses today to decide our friendship is no longer important. furthermore, i cant pinpoint the reason why its falling apart. the part of the film that i related to most was being confused and alone, before finding a person you connect with. i never thought i might only like her so much due to my own loneliness at the time, but i'm waking up to the possibility. i still adore her, and i'm (just about) coping with only being friends with her, but apparently even that might not be possible. i never contemplated being without her, at least as a friend, she means so much to me. i've all but forgotten about my good fortune today. the fact she is currently online and is not talking to me is devastating.

I65
Inactive/Deleted user

#22 Post by I65 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:17 am

I'm sitting here, not knowing what to type in response to your post Silver. All kinds of things are running through my head, but nothing seems appropriate so I'll just say

Ouch

and send you a virtual HUG.

Ith

silvermoon
Suntory Time

#23 Post by silvermoon » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:34 am

thanks a lot, Ith. i'm sure with your advice i'll get over her eventually. 52fm described you as being wise and it's certainly been shown to be true. hope you're having a good day after your cranky morning :D

I65
Inactive/Deleted user

#24 Post by I65 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:25 pm

Thanks I'm at work now, and feeling better despite it. Caffiene is a wonderful thing, but it will never replace the other culinary love of my life...chocolate!

I65
Inactive/Deleted user

#25 Post by I65 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:01 pm

Heading home for work, exhausting day. How are you holding up Silver?

silvermoon
Suntory Time

#26 Post by silvermoon » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:31 pm

thanks for asking, i'm doing fine atm. hope you are too, it appears resting up after a hard day's work is called for (if it's possible!)

my 'charlotte' and i spoke briefly today, but it was a very tense conversation. she is no longer acknowledging me as a close friend, but as was implied, 'just a friend'. a different tune to a week ago, when we were seeing each other every few days and could share anything with each other. well, better talking a little than not at all. i think if i handle the situation VERY delicately i might be able to salvage something. but having spoken to people regarding university, i am resigned to the fact our friendship will probably deteriorate whatever happens once i leave. but i'm going to work hard to make sure i dont let her slip away.

i have also realised that my describing every little twist and turn is annoying as well, so a reduction is required. sometimes i cant help myself :oops: , but i'll be exercising more self control from now on

I65
Inactive/Deleted user

#27 Post by I65 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:39 pm

I'm glad your feeling ok with all of this. I don't find your posts in anyway annoying, and my feeling is that anyone that doesn't care to hear, doesn't need to read them. An anonymous message board is a great place to get your thoughts out. You never know when someone may be having the same feelings that you are, or have been in your situation before. You shouldn't feel that you ever have to post less (or more) than you want to share.

silvermoon
Suntory Time

#28 Post by silvermoon » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:12 am

thanks a lot. i appreciate very much having people to talk to about all this

sw25
LIT Super Fan

#29 Post by sw25 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:33 pm

This board really is a constant reaffirmation of the fact that there are still some caring people out there.

silvermoon
Suntory Time

#30 Post by silvermoon » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:06 am

it certainly is, and i for one am grateful it.

i saw an episode of scrubs today. this line came up; 'even if it breaks your heart to be just friends, if you really care about someone, you'll take the hit'. it felt weird to hear it, but i think i'm ready to accept it