New LCD TV from Sharp - wow!

Are you awake?! Can't sleep?! Remember, for relaxing times, make it Suntory time at the New York Bar with stunning Tokyo views!

Moderator: Bob

Pitman
Suntory Time

New LCD TV from Sharp - wow!

#1 Post by Pitman » Fri May 30, 2008 7:54 am

If you have the extra cash and you are looking to upgrade your home entertainment system..take a look at the new 65 inch Aquos from Sharp. I was walking through the Eaton Centre in Toronto, and they have a display set up in the mall. The picture quality is absolutely, hands-down the best I have ever seen in any TV or monitor. There was a blue-ray animated short playing and even though there was sun shining all around, I could not find one iota of glare on the screen. It truly is a Sharp TV. If they ever release LiT on Blue-ray, that would be something to see. Although, I would have to admit, since the camera used was not HD format, I wonder how much of an improvement it would be. The price tag on this puppy was 9 grand! I think I many have to wait a few years and let the price come within reach. :wink:

http://www.sharpusa.com/products/AQUOS/

samwright8380
Japanese Surfer

#2 Post by samwright8380 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:31 pm

a big tv has been on my list for some time now, but whenever i finally get enough money saved i go end up travelling instead. i think with the demise of hd dvd a bluray release will be inevitable at some point. i'd really like the chance to see the movie in a theatre at some point, as i missed it's release.

Old Member B
Charlie Brown

#3 Post by Old Member B » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:55 am

Last edited by Old Member B on Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

samwright8380
Japanese Surfer

#4 Post by samwright8380 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:07 pm

I'm getting a 42'' lcd delivered this thursday....looking forward to seeing lit on a bigger screen (never watched it on anything bigger than 22''!). I really want to watch the hd dvd version, although I want to see if there's someway I can just rip the disc to my pc and play it, as I don't really want to invest in a dead format..

preciouswhile
Mr. Kazo sent me

#5 Post by preciouswhile » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:43 am

Let's hope they release it on Bluray...hopefully by the time I get around to getting a player.